Terms and Conditions
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
The following Terms and Conditions are valid for all business relations between PTC and the customer. This agreement is valid at the time the contract is entered into.
Subject to change, PTC reserve the rights to make reasonable technical and or other changes at any given time.
You as the customer agree you have thoroughly read the following Terms and Conditions;
2. Phone Repair and Quotation
- You as the customer have submitted your goods to PTC Phone Tech & Comm for assessment and/or repair.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that PTC are a Third Party Repair Agent and are not authorised to use genuine parts for repairs, excluding Xiaomi.
- Be honest and clearly state all faults/issues with the device that requires repair.
Advise if the device has been previously repaired by another service provider, other than PTC.
- Quotes are quoted prior to repair. PTC reserves the right to amend or change the quote during the repair process. PTC reserves the right to refuse a request for a service or a Customer.
- Turnaround time provided is an estimate, any changes to the turnaround time will be relayed to the Customer.
Turnaround time may be longer than expected depending on various factor; including but not exclusive to the complexity of the fault, availability of parts, or damage during the repair process.
Turnaround time for any rework or warranty claims may be longer than a standard repair.
- Repairs that are complex and in need of an experienced senior repair technician to complete the repair, the device may be sent to PTC Head Office. Complex repairs may take up to 10 working days to be completed.
- The Customers device will be tested prior to repairs being commenced given the device is responsive. If the device is non-responsive, PTC are not liable for any additional faults that may arise in the device after completion of repair.
- The Customer understands that once PTC open the device, the device will not be water resistant.
- In the event that PTC, the manufacturer, its authorised representative, or an appointed repair centre by PTC, in their sole discretion finds that PTC is responsible for damage, or further damage to the Customer’s device which causes the device to have other issues or become irreparable, PTC will either; repair the damage, issue the Customer a replacement device, or pay the amount equivalent to the market value of the device when it was initially presented or repair.
- The Customer agrees that we shall not be liable for any damage suffered as a result with the subject of these Terms. In no event shall PTC be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damage (including loss or interruption of business, revenue, profits, use, privacy, data, goodwill or other economic advantaghowever it arises, whether for breach of contract or in tort, even if the Customer has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Customer’s device may have additional faults than those first diagnosed. PTC are not responsible for a device which upon examination, has further fault and/or damage which results in the device subsequently not operating at all or not operating in the way it did prior to PTC examining it.
- The Customer Acknowledges and agrees that a repair by PTC (a third party repairer, i.e. not accredited by the Customer’s devices manufacturer) may void the Customer’s devices manufacturer’s warranty; out of warranty service, or support by the Customer’s devices manufacturer. It may also void waterproof, shockproof, dust proof warranties provided by the manufacturer.
3. Not covered under warranty
- If a customer chooses to repair a device previously repaired by PTC with another repair agent or has the device opened, all warranty provided by PTC will be null and void.
- PTC prov ides warranties for services we have provided directly to the Customer.
There may be other issues that contribute to the functioning of the Customer’s device, including but not exclusive to; bwear and tear, biage and biienvironmental factors.
- If there is Water Damage prior to a PTC repair or if the device suffers water damage after completion of the PTC repair. Customer acknowledges this is considered water damage and not covered under warranty.
- If there is existing damage to the frame of the device.
- Any loss of data occurring as a result of repair. Customers are advised to back up all data prior to repair.
- Frames which are bent, twisted, or cracked as a result of mishandling or deliberate damage.
- Locked Devices. Unlocking the device – upgrading your software when the device is connected to a computer will lock the software and subsequently void all warranty. An unlock fee will be charged if the device has been locked due to software upgrading and customer has not taken the proper precautions to ensure the backup of heir data.
- Repairs conducted on the motherboard of the device.
- Repairs that have been conducted with BYO parts (customers parts purchased from a source other than PTC). Labour fees will be charged in all circumstances.
- Screen protectors are considered a consumable item.
- An Apple battery replacement my affect the “Battery Health” app embedded on the iPhone settings.
- iOS 15 Updates. An Apple repair may show a ‘used part’ warning in the Settings app embedded on the iPhone.
4. Warranty Repairs
PTC Warranty Applies to the parts and/or services that were paid for and serviced by PTC Phone Tech & Comm.
Warranty Claims are for Manufacture faults only, and are subject to approval by our Customer Service Team.
LIFETIME warranty is considered for the life of the device in good working order less direct or indirect damages affecting the replacement.
PTC Customer Service Team have up to 14 days to take action on a warranty request.
Device Repairs with NO Warranty Includes:
6 months repair device warranty includes:
(Physical Damage voids warranty)
- Charging port/cable
- Home button
- Volume button
- Power button
- INCELL Screen
LIFETIME iPhone Warranty includes:
(Physical Damage voids warranty)
- OEM Original Quality Screen
- Ultra Plus Screen
- Standard Quality Screen
LIFETIME SAMSUNG Warranty includes:
(Physical Damage voids warranty)
- OLED Screen
- Frame Service Pack
- High Quality Screen
5. Second Hand & Refurbished Devices
- The Customer acknowledges that the Second Hand Device may have refurbished parts.
- The Customer is entitled to a 24 Hour Cool Down period from the initial purchase date.
Refund is subject to inspection, the device must be returned in the same condition prior to purchase.
PTC reserves the right to deny a refund request upon inspection.
- PTC provide 6 months warranty on Second Hand & Refurbished Devices.
Warranty covers software faults, but does not cover; Physical, Water or Jail Breaking Damage.
If the Second Hand Device is found to be faulty within 6 months of purchase and deemed under warranty, PTC will, under ACCC rules and regulations, in a timely manner, attempt to rectify the faults. If the faults are non-repairable, we will source a replacement device, if a replacement device is not available, we will provide a refund.
- A refurbished part is most likely to be used as a “use” part that has been ‘reconditioned’ or ‘restored to an acceptable’ working order
- PTC reserve the rights to deny a refund or an exchanged requested for devices that are not faulty.
During the repair process, PTC may require access to the Customer’s personal information/application to compete the repair. PTC may divulge the Customer’s personal information if required by authority, e.Law enforcement – All rights reserved by PTC Repair Team.
- Zhuhai Xiaomi Communications Co, LTD (hereinafter referred to as “Xiaomi”) service centre, (including authroised service centre and collection point) provides customers warranty services in accordance with the local regulations and relevant laws.
- If there is no “special statement”, Xiaomi authorised service centre will adopt including, but not limited to; software recovery and hardware disassembly inspection to your Xiaomi Product.
Xiaomi collection point will only provide; software recovery, replacement service for specified Eco products, and collection service.
Before sending your devices or other electronics for repair, ensure your data has been backed. Ensure any: confidential, proprietary or personal information has been removed.
Xiaomi Service centre is not responsible for loss of data during repair.
- Liquid immersed, physical damaged, unauthorised hardware and software changes, natural disasters, other human factors ad other non-product quality issues that are not covered by the “Limited Warranty policy”, the service centre reserves the right to use materials specified by Xiaomi.
The price changes labor and material costs.
- Products not covered by the “Limited Warranty Policy’, and if the service centre confirms that it cannot be repaired or after repair instability may occur, Xiaomi service centre will identify and explain, however the device may not be in original condition.
- No faults found, or software updated required, will not be valid for repair records.
- For a replacement request, customer shall provide information: order number, original tax invoice, purchase order)to Xiaomi service centre for further verification.
- If the Customer has not responded or collected device(s) after one month since contacted, Xiaomi service centre is not responsible to keep devices on behalf of customer. Warranty period will resume after completion of repair.
- If there is loss of receipt, please contact the service centre to report so the device cannot be claimed by others. If the loss has been claimed by others, the service centre will not be responsible.
- Xiaomi reserves the right to modify these Terms & Conditions.
- By confirming your signature, you agree that the terms of services on this page apply to the above product service.
For warranty inquiries and claims, contact email@example.com